This Developer Policy ("Policy"), in conjunction with the Greenback Platform Service Agreement (“PSA”) provides rules that govern access to or use by developers (“you” or “your”) of the Greenback Services. Any violation of this Policy may result in suspension or termination of your access to the Service and/or access to end users’ personal and financial information ("End User Data"). By accessing and using the Service, you agree to comply with all the terms of this Policy and the Greenback PSA.
To sign up for the Service, you must create an account ("Account") by registering on our Site and providing true, accurate, and complete information about yourself and your use of the Service. You agree not to misrepresent your identity or any information that you provide for your Account, and to keep your Account information up to date at all times. It is your responsibility to maintain access to your Account; you may never share your Account information, including authentication credentials, with a third party or allow any other application or service to act as you.
Compliance with Applicable Law
When using the Service, you must abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws. You also confirm that you, your business and any others acting on your behalf adhere to all applicable laws, especially those pertaining to financial data and to data protection, privacy and data security. In addition, you certify that you, your officers, directors, shareholders, direct and indirect parent entities, subsidiaries, and affiliates:
- are and will remain in compliance with all applicable import, re-import, sanctions, anti-boycott, export, and re-export control laws and regulations (including all such laws and regulations that apply to a U.S. company, such as the Export Administration Regulations, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and economic sanctions programs implemented by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC));
- are not subject to, or owned by parties that are subject to, sanctions or otherwise identified on any sanctions-related list, including but not limited to lists maintained by the United States government (such as the List of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons, maintained by OFAC, the Entity List maintained by the U.S. Commerce Department’s Bureau of Industry and Security, and the CAATSA section 231(d) list maintained by the U.S. State Department), the United Nations Security Council, the United Kingdom, the European Union or its Member States, or other applicable government authority; and
- are not engaging, and will not engage, in activities which may require or permit any applicable government authority to pursue an enforcement action against or impose economic sanctions on you or us.
You are solely responsible for ensuring that your use of the Service is in compliance with all laws applicable to you, including without limitation, the rules and guidelines of any system or network that facilitates payments and any security requirements, including under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS), as may be applicable to you.
Security and Data Storage
You are responsible for securely maintaining your Greenback user credentials, as well as any and all API authentication credentials. You must notify us immediately in the event of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Account or any End User Data. You must encrypt this information in storage and during transit.
Your systems and application(s) must handle End User Data securely and in accordance with applicable laws. With respect to End User Data, you must maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards that are designed to ensure the security, privacy, and confidentiality of End User Data, including the use of modern and industry standard cryptography when storing or transmitting any End User Data. You must also monitor your systems for any unauthorized access, patch vulnerabilities in a timely fashion, log and review any events suggesting unauthorized access, plan for and respond to security incidents and comply with relevant rules and regulations with regard to the type of data you are handling, such as the Safeguards Rule.
Once you stop using the Service in accordance with any applicable agreement you may have with us, you may deactivate your Account by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may also deactivate your Account if you have ceased using the Service for three months; your applicable agreement with us terminates or expires; or as reasonably necessary under applicable law. After your Account deactivation, we will deprovision your access to all End User Data associated with your integration.
Your Additional Responsibilities
You agree not to, and agree not to assist or otherwise enable any third party to:
- sell or rent End User Data to marketers or any other third party;
- access or use the Service or End User Data for any unlawful, infringing, threatening, abusive, obscene, harassing, defamatory, deceptive, or fraudulent purpose;
- collect and store end users’ account credentials and/or End User Data other than as required to access or use the Service, as authorized by the end user, as permitted by Greenback, and as permitted under applicable law;
- use, disclose, or retain any “nonpublic personal information” (as defined under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act) or “personal information” (as defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act) other than in strict compliance with applicable law;
- use, disclose, or otherwise process any “personal data” (as defined in Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation)) other than in strict compliance with applicable law;
- access or use the Service or access, transmit, process, or store End User Data in violation of any applicable privacy laws or in any manner that would be a breach of contract or agreement with the applicable end user;
- access or use the Service to infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other right of any person or entity;
- access or use the Service for any purpose other than for which it is provided by us, including for competitive evaluation, spying, creating a substitute or similar service to any of the Service, or other nefarious purpose;
- scan or test (manually or in an automated fashion) the vulnerability of any Greenback infrastructure without express prior written permission from Greenback;
- breach, disable, interfere with, or otherwise circumvent any security or authentication measures or any other aspect of the Service;
- overload, flood, or spam any part of the Service;
- create developer accounts for the Service by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (e.g., creating developer accounts in an automated fashion or otherwise in bulk);
- transfer, syndicate, or otherwise distribute the Service or End User Data without express prior written permission from Greenback;
- decipher, decompile, disassemble, copy, reverse engineer, or attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service, except as permitted by applicable law;
- modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Service;
- access or use the Service or End User Data in a manner that violates any agreement between you or the end user and Greenback; or
- access or use the Service or End User Data in a manner that violates any applicable law, statute, ordinance, or regulation.
Suspension and Termination.
We reserve the right to withhold, refuse, or terminate access to the Service and/or End User Data in whole or in part where we believe the Service is being accessed or used in violation of this Policy or any other Greenback agreement, including Greenback’s agreements with any third party partners or data sources of Greenback (each, a “Partner”), or where use would pose a risk of harm, including reputational harm, to Greenback, its infrastructure, its data, the Service, an end user, or a Partner.
We will use reasonable efforts to notify you via email or other method when deciding to withhold, refuse, or terminate access to the Service and/or End User Data. We may immediately suspend or terminate access without notice if appropriate under the circumstances, such as when we become aware of activity that is a violation of any applicable law or when we determine, in our sole discretion, that harm is imminent. Greenback will not be liable for any damages of any nature suffered by you or any third party resulting from Greenback’s exercise of its rights under this Policy or under applicable law.
Reporting Potential Violations.
If any person becomes aware of a violation of this Policy, we request that you immediately notify us via email to email@example.com. We may take any appropriate action -- including reporting any activity or conduct that we suspect violates the law to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties -- in our sole discretion in respect to such violations.
The failure by you or Greenback to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of this Policy is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Policy shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.